Series I Won't Finish

Friday 3 June 2016

Do you ever look back on the books you've read, the series you've started and think 'do I really want to carry on with this?' I know I do.
It's odd for me to not finish a series, usually I'm dying to know how things are wrapped up at the end. With two of these, that is the case, but I just can't keep up. Without further ado, here are the top three series that I will - probably - not be finishing.

Pretty Little Liars is the one that's really on the fence for me. I enjoyed the books I read but I read them so long ago and there are so many of them I can't remember anything. I'm rather discouraged by the sheer number of books there are, and the fact that to finish off this mammoth series I'll have to re-read everything so that I actually know what's going on. And it's not like I can just watch the show, either, as it's vastly different to the books and I also don't care enough to finish season three. I would like to wrap this one up, but it won't be happening any time soon.

This second one is as much of a surprise to me as it probably is to you. It's no secret that I like - no, love - fantasy, and I was so sure I would love The Lord of the Rings that I bought all three of them. I haven't even been able to make it through all three films, and it took me a good long while to get through the first book. It's rather discouraging, and despite how much I enjoy fantasy, I can't really find it in me to be interested in finishing this series. 

I do own Rebel Springs, but I disliked Falling Kingdoms so much I'm not sure if I still want to continue with the series. Part of me wants to give it a chance to see if it improves, but a bigger part of me doesn't want to be subjected to more of that torture. The series just seems to keep getting bigger and bigger as well and I really do not want to wade through six books that I don't even like.


Which series are you not continuing with?

8 comments:

  1. I can't reall think off the top of my head right now what series i'll probably never finish, but I totally get your reasoning for PLL. There's just way too many books in that series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame really because it is such an easy series to get through, but I just can't keep track!

      Delete
  2. I can't continue with The Young Elites by Marie Lu. I just can't find the willpower to continue on with a series were I was really disappointed. I found the writing to be kind of blain, and I just couldn't connect nor care about the characters. It's rather upsetting because I loved the magic system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a shame :( I loved The Young Elites but I still need to get the sequel. I thought having the main character be more of an anti-hero was great and the ending had me really interested to meet the new characters!

      Delete
    2. I really loved that the main character was an anti-hero, and that was one of the only reasons that I read until the end. I considered continuing because I loved that characteristic of her, but it wasn't enough for me. That did make me give it a little bit of a higher rating though.

      Delete
  3. I'm terrible with reading series: I have a habit of reading a book from half-way through, then reverting to an earlier book, a later book, a book somewhere in between... Yeah. I'm pretty inconsistent.

    And sometimes I just forget which book I've read up to... or just forget to read the next one when it comes out...

    I'm totally normal *shifty glances* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, please continue with the Falling Kingdoms series! I felt the same way with the first book but the second and third were so much better! I plan to catch up with this series this summer :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I feel the same way when I give the second book a go! But I definitely won't be buying all the other books until I'm sure I like it haha.

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez