TBR Feature #20

Wednesday 21 September 2016

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Uprooted by Naomi Novik

I've been interested in reading Uprooted ever since it was first published, purely because the hardback edition is stunning. I didn't know anything about it, other than it was fantasy, but I knew that I just had to get it.

While it's been on my mental TBR list for quite some time, it's only been on a physical one for a few months. Hopefully it won't stay there for too many more, as I do desperately want to get to it now that I own a copy. Ideally, I'd like to read it before the end of the year, but we'll see if that happens.

Judging from the reviews I've seen (and the recommendations I've had) I'm going to enjoy it. I mean, there's a dragon in it. If you know anything about me, you'll know that I love dragons, more so than any other fantastical creature or element. My only hope is that it's done well, as I have been let down by dragons in the past.

Have you read Uprooted?

4 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good about this one - and it's on my TBR too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved Uprooted so I can't wait to see what you think of it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez