TBR Feature #55

Wednesday 24 May 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Dracula by Bram Stoker

I don't exactly know what made me want to pick up Dracula, other than I like vampires and want to start reading more classics and this looked like a good place to start.

Since reading Frankenstein, however, I've been very hesitant to pick this up. Which is probably ridiculous, I know, as I don't think the two are anything alike, but I really did not enjoy Frankenstein and am worried the same will happen with this. I'm hoping that the characters won't be as annoying, but I really won't know until I finally give it a chance.

It does seem like an easier place for me to start, what with me still being somewhat new to classics, as it's so well known. If I get confused at all I can easily Google things or ask someone, as I'm probably in the minority when it comes to reading Dracula.

Have you read Dracula?

2 comments:

  1. I must've read Dracula three times! I looooove it! (But then, I also love Frankenstein!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I didn't get on with Frankenstein at all haha. Hopefully this is more my cup of tea! I do love vampires, after all :P

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez