Top 5 Wednesday: Series I Wish Had More Books

Wednesday 26 August 2015


Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly topic created by gingerreadslainey over on Youtube. There's a Goodreads group here, where you can sign up and take part each week.

First of all, I'd like to apologise for missing last week. It was my grandad's birthday, and I had a lot of stuff going on, and I just never got round to posting. On one hand, I'm glad I took the day, but on the other I'm a little annoyed that I missed a post because I was doing so well. Second of all, I'd like to give you a heads up. College starts for me again in the first week of September and I'm taking four subjects that I am determined to study properly for. Posts may be few and far between because of that, but we'll see.

For now, let's get on with this week's topic: series I wish had more books.




The Blood of Eden trilogy by Julie Kagawa
I know I mentioned before that I want to know more about Kanin from this series, but my want for more doesn't end there. I'm interested to see Allie's life with her mother before she became a scavenger, life at Eden, and Allie's life after the events of the trilogy. Basically, I'd love to have a prequel, sequel, or spin-off. This is one of my favourite series and I wish there was more to it, because I loved all the characters in their own special ways and I don't quite want to let them go. 




The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black
Now I know there are actually two series in The Spiderwick Chronicles, and I have read both, but I'd like to see more from the original series. I know that they're children's books and are short because of that, but as an invested teen reader, I'd like to see more. I want Jared and Simon to meet more creatures and have more adventures, I'd like to see them before they moved house. I'd also like to see something from Aunt Lucinda's perspective and all the adventures she had.




Mind Games by Teri Terry
This one is a bit of a cheat as it's a stand alone rather than a series, but I think we can excuse that, right? I really enjoyed this, even though it was science-fiction and heavily based on computers. However, I do wish there had been more explanation of the world and all the technology, as well as a bit more information on Luna after all the Shacker stuff. I feel like a prequel or a sequel could pad things out more and help me understand everything a bit better, but at the same time I think it worked really well by itself. Maybe just a novella to go with would be best.





A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
I've mentioned this series before in a Top Five Wednesday post and it's made it into this one for the exact same reasons. I want more about the Baudelaire parents. I want to know just who and what they were. I want books where Sunny, Violet and Klaus grow up with their parents and live happily ever after. Impossible, I know, but I still want it. I just want more details about the family in a prequel series, maybe leading up to the fire and explaining that in more detail.




The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
This is a total no-brainer given that it's one of my all time favourite series. I cannot even begin to explain why I love Katniss and Peeta and Finnick and Prim and everyone else, I just fell in love with the entire trilogy upon reading it. However. My absolute favourite parts were the bits in the training centre before the Games and then the Games themselves, and I want more of that. I want more of the Gamemakers coming up with the arenas, more of the original uprising, more of the earlier Games, more about the types of training they underwent, more in the arena. More, more, more.

12 comments:

  1. I love Julie Kagawa! :) but i actually like her Iron Fey series a bit more. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her, too! I've only read the first book in the Iron Fey series (I really need to finish it!) but I loved that as well. :)

      Delete
  2. The idea of a Hunger Games prequel is genius! I need more about the original Games and the uprising and Haymitch's and Fnnick's games etc. It would be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D It's been something I've been thinking about for ages because I feel like there's so much that Suzanne Collins could expand on.

      Delete
  3. Again I agree with the Hunger Games and for the Blood of Eden I would love a prequel for that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just want prequels for everything!

      Delete
  4. I was so tempted to put stand alones that I wanted more installments to - I agree completely that 'Mind Games' would work as a series, and I think one of the reasons I was disappointed with it was because there was no opportunity for continuation! Yet to read the Blood of Eden series, but planning to soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of had to because I haven't completed that many series, although I've started a lot... I agree that the end of Mind Games did wrap up quite nicely but I was surprised at her S'hacker name; I thought I had it worked out but it ended up as a surprise to me! I'd highly recommend the Blood of Eden series. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm happy with the way The Hunger Games ended. It was a bit optimistic and open ended. :) I haven't read the other series yet! nice picks :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem wasn't with how THG ended, I just want more about the Games!

      Delete
  6. I completely agree on The Hunger Games! I would love to know more about the earlier days, as well as more about Katniss and Peeta and their future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't want to know about what happens after Mockingjay's ending because the whole appeal of the series (to me, at least) was the idea of the Games themselves.

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez