TBR Feature #35

Wednesday 4 January 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Runemarks by Joanne Harris

A few years ago, I picked up The Gospel of Loki from my library. I read, reviewed, and returned it, only to end up buying myself a signed copy a year or two later. Somewhere in between all that, I picked up this copy of Runemarks. Fast forward to the present and you have me learning that The Gospel of Loki is the prequel to Runemarks.

I did like Gospel, despite the few issues I had with it, so I'm expecting good things from this. However, I'm excited for it regardless, as I'm a big mythology fan - especially Greek and Norse, despite not having read that much featuring either.

It sounds very interesting from the synopsis and I've heard a a lot of good about it (especially in the last month thanks to the cover redesign) so I can't say why I haven't actually read it yet. Maybe because it's a big-ish book? Because I don't own the sequel? I just forget about it? The latter, most likely, given the sheer number of unread books I own.

Have you read Runemarks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez