TBR Feature #71

Wednesday 13 September 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms by George R.R. Martin

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones (even with all the complaining I do about the show), so it can't be too much of a surprise to see A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms on my TBR. What probably is a surprise is the fact that I still haven't read it.

I know, I know. How can I be such a fan if I haven't read it?! Easily, actually, but let's not get into that. Let's get into why I'm so hesitant to pick this up even though I'm sure I will really enjoy it.

Last summer, I read one of Martin's other books, Fevre Dream. And I didn't enjoy it. It was slow, boring, and overall nothing like his A Song of Ice and Fire which gripped me from the start. I learnt that without the compelling characters, magic, dragons, and complex plot I really don't get on with his writing style. It's not that it's bad, just that it's... not very exciting.

Hopefully, this will be more akin to ASOIAF seeing as how it's set in Westeros as well, and it'll become a firm favourite.

Have you read A Kinght of the Seven Kingdoms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez