Recommendations: Horror

Friday 20 November 2015


Under my Skin by James Dawson
James Dawson was a fantastic discovery. Both of his horror novels are fantastic (Say Her Name would have made it onto this list if the cover had matched the others, but it didn't) and definitely worth picking up. Especially if you enjoy young adult horrors that don't have happy endings.

Horns by Joe Hill
Coming from none other than Stephen King's son, you expect this to be a good book. And it is. Dark and creepy yet still realistic, making it all the more chilling, Horns is a must read if you're a fan of anti-heroes. Probably give it a miss if you're afraid of snakes, though.

The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
Out of the three the most unique, in that it's told entirely through the form of diary extracts, interviews, and police files. A gripping read that leans more towards psychological thriller, with elements of mental health thrown in, that is still sufficiently creepy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not normally a horror person, but I'm been reading some scary things lately. I'll have to add these to my TBR!
    Great recommendations :)
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite being a total wimp, I'm a big fan of horror books! I'd say The Dead House was the tamest in terms of gore and scares, and Horns is the worst of the three for gore. Hope you enjoy them if you pick them up!

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez