My Intimidating TBR

Friday 1 April 2016


I saw this tag over on PeruseProject's Youtube channel and decided I'd give it a go seeing as I have so many unread books. 


Which book have you been unable to finish?
The Pleasures of Men by Kate Williams. I gave this a go a few years ago and was unable to finish it due to the unreliable narrator and odd writing style.

Which book have you yet to read because...
...you just haven't had the time?
Hans Christian Andersen's Classic Fairy Tales. It's a big book, and not one I feel like reading in one sitting, but as I was reading it alongside others I just... never picked it up.

...it's a sequel?
The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. I can't remember a thing from the first book (other than it was weird and it wasn't my favourite story) so I need to recap before I get to this one.

...it's brand new?
Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. Okay, so it's not brand new any more, but it's one of the newest books I own. I'd like to read it a bit closer to the release of the next book so that it's still - somewhat - fresh in my mind.

...you read a book by the same author and didn't enjoy it?
The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I enjoyed Twilight when I read it years ago, but looking back on it now it's not a good series.

...you're just not in the mood for it?
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. I love the Throne of Glass series but I just haven't felt like continuing with it yet, mostly because I have no idea what to call Celaena any more.

...it's humongous?
It by Stephen King. It's 1376 pages long

...because it was a cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?
Atlantia by Ally Condie. It looks interesting, but I haven't read any of her books before and all of them (including this) have very mixed reviews. Here's hoping I enjoy it.

What is the most intimidating book in your TBR pile?
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. I think I'll enjoy it because it's so highly praised and appears to be very well written, but, well... it's Lolita. I'm not sure I want to like it.

5 comments:

  1. I'm actually the exact opposite, I hated Twilight but I loved the host! Maybe I just do better with sci-fi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe! I don't really like sci-fi but I love vampires :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really intimidated by Lolita too. I've been meaning to start it but it just looks so deep and profound and ugh. I haven't piked up Magnus Chase too, LOL.

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more the subject matter that intimidates me, not the complexity. Liking it would feel like condoning the behaviour even though that's the complete opposite.

      Delete
  3. Oh god, as soon as I saw IT by Stephen King on that list I nodded my head vigorously! IT'S SO BIG! My german edition even has 1800 pages or something like that ... tried to read it once but couldn't pull through it - too intimidating, ugh.

    I can't say much about the other books because I haven't read most .. except for The Host which I enjoyed a lot! I also liked Twilight back then so yeah, haha.

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez