TBR Feature #62

Wednesday 12 July 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

Every time I go into Waterstones (which is, admittedly, quite often) I see this book and it's sequels and wonder whether I should buy it and give the trilogy a chance. It sounds interesting and they're all fairly short, so what's to lose?

Thankfully, I was saved having to purchase this thanks to a book trade I did with a friend last December. Yes, it's been on my shelf for seven months now, but I'm always hesitant to start a series when I only own the first book. What if I love it and want to continue it immediately? What if I have to wait ages to get the sequel? Of course, there's always the chance that I'll hate it and so discovering that before rushing out to buy the rest would be a smart thing to do. But I'm not that kind of person.

This sounds like it could be quite a political, thrilling fantasy, and the cover reminds me of The Selection. Hopefully it will be a nice mix and will compel me to pick up book two, but if not I don't think I'll be too torn up over it.

Have you read The Winner's Curse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez