TBR Feature #72

Wednesday 20 September 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

The Rose Society by Marie Lu

It's been a good few years since I read The Young Elites but I absolutely loved it when I did. It was the perfect mix of darkness, fantasy, compelling characters, and a cliff hanger ending that led me to believe I'd love the sequel even more. I just.... Haven't read the sequel yet.

In my defence: it hadn't been published yet when I read the first book. Now though, the only excuse I have is that I haven't felt like re-reading book one in order to carry on the trilogy - as I do think a re-read is necessary, seeing as how I remember nothing.

Now, though, with autumn here and winter on it's I can feel myself heading into a fantasy mood so will hopefully get around to finishing this whole trilogy. Especially because this particular book seems to have very positive ratings.

Have you read The Rose Society?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of this series so I can't wait to see what you think about it. :) I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I do too! From what I remember of the first book's ending I was really into finding out about the new characters :)

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez