Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Friday 30 January 2015



Rules
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site.
2. Post the award's logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you've been asked.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers (I went for 4 instead)
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees.

I was tagged by Anne at Anne Books, and Rachel at Rachel's Reading Corner, so thank you two for that!



Anne's questions

1. When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog in October 2013 because I felt like starting a blog. That's really the only reason. I wanted a hobby aside from just reading copiously, and I set up a blog to talk about books.

2. How often do you write posts?
I write posts pretty often, I'd say at least twice a week. However, I only post once a week, so there are a lot of pre-made posts sitting in my drafts gathering dust.

3. How many books do you own in total?
Too many. Over 300, that's for sure.

4. Have you ever been in a reading slump? And how do you got out of it?
Yes. I usually read fun books, short books, or graphic novels. Generally I just try to push my way out of them.

5. If you could only own 10 books what would they be?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Walking Dead: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Misery by Stephen King

6. What do you do if you don't know how to explain your feeling about a book?
I won't review it and I'll be very conflicted about the rating I give it.

7. Is there any possibility you would stop blogging and why?
If college gets to be too much, or personal things get in the way then blogging would definitely take a back seat. I'd just want to prioritise things, and really, blogging isn't a necessary thing.

8. Did you became friends with people over blogging?
I guess so, yeah. There are a couple of blogs I comment on and I consider their authors to be my blog friends.

9. Which books do you really want to read in 2015?
Anna and the French Kiss, Heir of Fire, and The Forever Song.

10. Any reading goals this year?
To be more relaxed about my reading. So no, no goals really.




Rachel's questions

1. Who is your favourite band or singer?
Florence and the Machine. I can listen to any song on repeat for a month straight and not hate it. 

2. What is you current favourite genre of book?
After reading Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas I've been on a bit of a fantasy high, but I've also been a bit frustrated that there are no more new books in that series to read next. But yeah, I've been craving fantasy.

3. Whose one of your auto-buy authors?
Rick Riordan. I just... love myths. And the way he weaves them into his stories. I'm very excited for any new work coming from him. (I hear there's a Norse series coming soon and I am dying for it.)

4. You could have any one superpower. What would it be?
Teleportation, or any sort of power that can get me from place A to B. Or maybe the power to be able to drive without having to learn. Or actually get behind the wheel of a car. I don't know. 

5. Favourite supernatural creature?
I do love dragons, but lately I've been partial to a good fairy. 

6. What trait do you admire in a protagonist?
Courage to do what they think is right and face other daunting challenges because I'm a massive wimp.

7. What book are your currently reading?
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E Pearson

8. Most highly anticipated book of February, 2015?
Salt and Stone by Victoria Scott

9. Your OTP?
Cat and Ned Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire. Don't fight me on this.

10. Your favourite food and/or drink?
My favourite food is probably pasta because it's just so versatile, and my favourite drink is either peppermint tea or chocolate milkshake.


My questions

1. Do you have a schedule for blogging?
2. If you could only read from one genre, what genre would it be?
3. Do you prefer hardbacks or paperbacks?
4. What do you do if you don't like a book?
5. How often do you re-read books?
6. How many books are on your TBR/wishlist?
7. Who is your favourite author?
8. Who is your least favourite author?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve in regards to reading?
10. What do you find the most fun about blogging?


Nominees
Prescription Fiction
A World Between Folded Pages
The Little Pink Book Boutique
All Things Book Obsessed

4 comments:

  1. Harry Potter would definitely be the first book I would choose if I could only have 10 books, although it would be hard to narrow it down to 10. I love Rick Riordan's writing, and he is by far, the best mythology writer that I've read. Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't even care which Harry Potter book I could have haha. I wouldn't want all 7 though, because then I'd have to choose 3 more and how could I narrow it down to 3?! I love Rick Riordan's take on mythology so much. It's so fun and I'll definitely be buying anything he writes.

      Delete
  2. Love the answers Charlotte! I love Riordan's Kane Chronicles and I am super excited for his new serious too. I think its called it called Magnus and the something Sword...? Or something like that! :) I am also a huge fan of dragons. Have you read Eragon? I love that series. And pasta? The best food ever! :)

    Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Heroes of Olympus is probably my favourite of Riordan's work, but I still need to finish it! I know it's the Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series, because a lot of people are wondering if he's related to Annabeth. Either way I can't wait for it! :D I haven't read Eragon but I've been eyeing it for quite a while. Is it worth picking up? Nothing can ever beat pasta haha :)

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez