Bang Up to the Elephant

Friday 23 October 2015


This post is bang up to the elephant (that's perfect to those of you who don't speak Victorian English)

Last month, my mum, nan, and I went up north and visited the Beamish living museum. It's a fantastic open air museum made up of villages, houses, and shops from the 1820s right up to the 1940s. We only got round the 1900s town (which is my favourite part anyway, as I the Victorian era is my all time favourite time period) while we were there, so a return visit - or three - is in order.

This time, I was actually happy with how the natural lighting turned out. I felt it was atmospheric and very fitting for the Victorian setting. I also wasn't really sure if flash photography was allowed, so I made my aperture as large as my camera allowed and rolled with it. These are some of my favourite shots from the day.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I'm going to use that saying now lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a ridiculous phrase that has nothing to do with it's meaning!

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez