TBR Feature #43

Wednesday 1 March 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Windhaven by George R.R. Martin

After reading the A Song of Ice and Fire books for the first time in 2013, I thought George R.R. Martin would become one of the authors whose books I have to read and that I'd collect all of his books. Then I read Fevre Dream last summer...

Let's just say that it wasn't at all what I expected and I couldn't quite believe that the same man had written one of my all time favourite series. It just felt like a totally different person had written it, as it didn't have the same captivating quality and was incredibly hard to get through.

Windhaven managed to survive my last bookshelf clear out as it is a fantasy and I do still want to read it. However, it's still in the 'maybe' pile so if I change my mind at all or completely go off the idea of it then it will be going.

It's not that it doesn't sound interesting - it does, it's about people who can fly, for goodness sake - it's more because I'm worried about being disappointed again. This seems to have mixed reviews and very few chapter breaks, both of which lead me to believe this won't be an easy, enjoyable read for me personally. We'll see, though.

Have you read Windhaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez