TBR Feature #47

Wednesday 29 March 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

A few years ago I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and the sequel, Hollow City. I liked both although I didn't think they were anything special - in fact, I think they're overhyped, a little odd, and overly long for what they are. Both were reviewed on the blog and then put away on a shelf where I haven't picked them up since.

I'm going to have to pick them up again, however, as I only went and bought myself a copy of the third book when it came out, didn't I? I'll admit, I mostly picked this up as it's a hardback that matches my copy of Hollow City and it's signed by Ransom Riggs. Did it set me back about £11 that I didn't really have to spend on a college day? Yes. It did. Am I truly interested in reading it? Am I going to part with it even if I'm not?

Look, I've said it before: I'm a bit of a hoarder. Yes, I'm going to hang on to this copy even if I don't really like it purely because it's signed and I spent good money on it. But at least I plan on reading it at some point. Couldn't tell you when, exactly, but it'll happen.

Have you read Library of Souls?

2 comments:

  1. I read Miss Peregrine a few years ago and felt the same way as you Charlotte - that it was a bit underwhelming. I'm curious to see if you think this one is any better (I might consider picking up the sequels if you enjoy it more). Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like Hollow City a little more than Miss Peregrine's according to my reviews... but they're old so I don't know if that will change when I re-read them. Chances are I'll write a review for this as well, but I couldn't say when!

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez