TBR Feature #69

Wednesday 30 August 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

Earlier this year I applied to the blogger list for Walker Books. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful (although now I'm actually glad for this fact, as I've realised I'm awful at managing reviews), but the publishers still sent me a copy of one of their books as a gesture of goodwill. Totally unsolicited but incredibly nice to find.

I've known about I'll Give You the Sun for quite some time now, but have never really been interested - or informed - enough to buy it for myself. So when I discovered that I'd been sent this I thought that things had worked out quite nicely, as now I can see what all the fuss is about.

From reading the blurb I know that this follows a tragedy that drove a set of twins apart, but that's about it. The Goodreads shelves class it as a contemporary romance, however, which makes me a little apprehensive as historically I don't get on with either of those genres. Hopefully, though, the prose that has been described as beautiful will make up for that.

Have you read I'll Give You the Sun?

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I hope you'll love this one. It's one of my favourites, I don't know a lot of people who haven't liked it at least a little bit. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez