TBR Feature #59

Wednesday 21 June 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison

I don't think I've read anything - fiction or otherwise - that deals wit bipolar, and I don't have any personal experience with it, so this book will be a first for me. I picked it up on a bit of a whim as I got a craving for memoirs and non-fiction relating to psychology, and I had some money left on a gift card.

The craving - while rather out of the blue - makes perfect sense to me. I start my Clinical Psychology undergrad degree in three months and am very out of the loop when it comes to psychology. It's been a few years since I last studied it so I want to ease myself back into the subject, but I really don't want to read a textbook or go back over my old A-Level notes.

I'm hoping to squeeze this in over summer, alongside all the review books I have. Hopefully it will be very insightful and an honest representation of mental health. I have high hopes, given that Jamison both suffered with and treated bipolar, but I have nothing to compare it to so I'll never know for sure.

Have you read An Unquiet Mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez