TBR Feature #60

Wednesday 28 June 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King

I actually added this to my May TBR but - obviously - I never got round to reading it. I blame exams, as I was actually trying to revise for them last month and found myself in a bit of a reading slump. Thanks to this slump, I didn't feel like I could tackle a King and so opted for quicker, more lighthearted reads. Or at least ones that wouldn't require as much brain power to get through.

Taking a small break from King, however, has made me a bit... apprehensive about picking him up again. That isn't quite the right word for it, but I find myself reaching for anything but my pile of unread Stephen King books. Not because I'm scared or anything but because it can take me a while to get into 'the King Mood' and I don't want that to affect my experience with this book.

Nevertheless, this will be my next King read, as my last was Gerald's Game and in my mind the two are connected, as they both follow the same solar eclipse. Whether or not that's important I don't know, but I feel that I have to follow up with Dolores Claiborne so follow up with Dolores Claiborne I shall.

Have you read Dolores Claiborne?

2 comments:

  1. I soooo loved this one! (Mighty creepy/graphic in places though - but then, it is Stephen King.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for the heads up! The last King I read was Gerald's Game and that was... hard to read at times.

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez